Saturday, February 12, 2011

Call drop on AT&T

An extremely emotional talk was about to reach its climax when it got dropped just around 3 AM. I found it so painful and was furious about it. I tried calling again, it didn’t work and I thought that maybe the person on the other side went out of reach. I decided to question my hypothesis and called my own number to reach my voicemail. To my surprise even that was not reachable! Why don't I change from AT&T to a better network? Restarted blackberry .. didn’t help. Took out battery and restarted again .. didn’t help either. I started thinking of alternate ways .. maybe GoogleTalk .. no she can’t install anything on her corporate laptop .. damn why didn’t I buy her a new one! Let me get online to see if I can use Skype to call on her cellphone. wtf .. I forgot my Skype password. Where to get it from? Clicked on Forgot password. Checked in my gmail account. No email! Where did it send the Forgot password email to? Checked to figure that it sent to my age-old yahoo email account. Tried to login there. Damn it! I don’t remember the password on that account either. Why the hell on earth do I change my password ever .. I for sure know that nobody has time to hack on my personal account. Anyways .. did a forgot password on Yahoo too .. it sent to my gmail this time fortunately .. thank God! opened up my yahoo account expecting to see Skype and wtf there is not even a single email there .. it seems yahoo removed all emails once it was unsued for some time. Sent the Skype forgot password again to get the password email to yahoo. Used that to open Skype. Ran Skype. No money in the account. Put money into it online. So happy to see it get started but wait a second it got stuck.. had to kill the application. Somehow just couldn’t make the call from it. The Skype app just hung! I am the kind who never gets angry .. however, I smashed the Bold on the wall .. then on the floor.. stomped on it .. threw it everywhere I could .. picked up .. and threw it again .. finally decided that I would go to office (@330 AM!) to give a call from there .. and voila .. I get a call on my phone .. it suddenly started working! :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Aditya Saurabh said...

Just a correction: the smashing of Blackberry Bold also didn't fix the phone .. I started looking for some GSM phone in my electronics junk. After patiently sorting through the heap of huge electronic clutter I found a six year old rickety Nokia phone .. inserted the sim card into it and voila .. could place a call!! No matter how old .. Nokia always works :)

Tuesday, February 15, 2011 12:03:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home